Saturday, November 22, 2014

Boot Lid Cables

Ever since owning the Mini I've known that one of boot lid cables was missing. This leaves just a single cable to support the boot lid when it's left in the open position. As it was not causing an immediate problem, it was not high up on my priority list so I never got around to replacing it. To be honest I probably would have never got around to replacing it, had it not been for the fact that one day when I opened the boot the inevitable happened, the remaining cable finally snapped on me!


Saturday, November 15, 2014

Voltage Shortage

Over the last three weeks or so, I have been busy fixing and cleaning the interior of the car. As the seats were out for the duration, I thought it best not to be driving around, so the car has been sat idle. As a result, when I came to turn the key, there was a distinct lack of power available.


Friday, November 14, 2014

The Inside Job!

Having spent the last three weeks working on the interior of the car, I have transformed the front seats, cleaned the carpets and painted the floor. So now the paint has dried the only job left is to put all the nice clean parts back in...


Monday, November 10, 2014

Tarted The Floor Up

In the previous couple of posts I have been working on the interior. It started with water getting into the footwell and escalated from there to removing the seats and refurbishing them, first passenger then drivers side as they were just too crappy to put back in as they were.

The problem was however, the nice clean seats showed up the state of the carpets which were dirty. So they were taken out and scrubbed, but then the newly repaired floor at the front made the floor in the back look horrible. So while the carpets were out, I put a spare tin of Hammerite Smooth I had in the shed to good use.


Saturday, November 8, 2014

Disastrously Saggy Driver's Seat

In the previous post 'Pitifully Sad Passenger Seat', I went into great detail about how I took the covers off the passenger seat, cleaned and refitted them. In this post I will be looking at the driver's seat. Being the driver's seat, you would imagine that it would be used more, and as a consequence be much more knackered. Guess what, it was!!


Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pitifully Sad Passenger Seat

In the previous post, 'Soggy Driver's Footwell', I had to remove the front seats to make space to work on the floor. While they were out and stored in the house, it was pretty obvious that 25 years of use had left them looking tatty, sad and tired.

The passenger side was particularly bad with quite a large stain on the material which I have to confess was my own fault. Driving to work earlier in the year, a pot of double cream tipped over creating the current, less than desirable look. In order to clean them properly I wanted to remove the covers, but as always, I had no idea how to do it and with little help online either it was going to be another 'trial and error' project.